Important Update: Our Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Your health, welfare and safety are paramount when you stay at a Best Western hotel. Noting that the news is dominated by Coronavirus, we wanted to reach out and let you know that we have asked our hotels to implement increased guest room and hotel common area cleaning protocols and processes.
We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization, the Robert-Koch-Institute and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the spread of the virus. Our focus is to ensure we meet our guest needs while doing our part to keep you, our associates, and our communities safe.
Our commitment to hygiene and safety:
- We inform guests about hygiene regulations at check-in.
- We regularly train our employees in hygiene measures.
- We ask all guests and staff to avoid direct contact and keep a safe distance. A minimum distance at the reception and other hotel areas should always be maintained.
- The spaces between seats and tables have been enlarged to ensure a minimum distance.
- All rooms and public areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected according to tested hygiene regulations: The techniques for cleaning the guest rooms after each stay have been further intensified. A special attention is paid to areas with high points of contact, such as key cards, computers in public areas, lift doors and buttons, door handles, locks and bolts, light switches, desk surfaces, telephones, TV remote controls and handles of bathroom fittings.
- Disinfectant dispensers containing disinfectants suitable for viruses are available in all public areas such as the lobby, entrances and public toilets.
- Our tables are cleaned with disinfectant as soon as the table is no longer occupied and before a new guest uses the table.
- Hygiene measures in public areas such as the reception, furniture and service items in the breakfast room and equipment in fitness centres were also increased.
- Guests with symptoms of illness are asked to stay in the room and call a doctor via the reception desk.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our associates. This includes:
- Our employees regularly wash their hands thoroughly and use hand disinfectants.
- We wipe and disinfect all workplaces regularly.
- If employees or an immediate family member does not feel well, the order is to stay at home and clarify any medical condition before returning to work.
Information about your hotel reservation / cancellation of hotel bookings
If you have an existing reservation, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are taking every reasonable precaution to promote a safe and healthy environment. However, please contact the hotel in advance to ensure that your hotel stay can take place as planned.
Due to the current situation, we are increasingly receiving requests for cancellations. Please note the following:
- If a hotel or a (destination) area is quarantined or generally inaccessible, there is force majeure. In this case, you can cancel your hotel booking free of charge - regardless of the rate booked. It is important that this has been confirmed by the authorities.
- If you wish to cancel your reservation free of charge and your booked hotel is not in an area that has been officially quarantined: From a legal point of view, the hotel can insist on payment of the expenses for overnight accommodation. This means: Unless you have booked a rate that can be canceled free of charge, you do not have an extraordinary right to free cancellation or reimbursement of stays already paid.
- Of course it is important to us to have a mutual agreement between our guests and our hotels. If you want to postpone or cancel your reservation, please contact the hotel directly to find an individual solution for your reservation or call our reservation hotline. However, since the situation is also a special challenge for the entire hotel industry, we ask for your understanding if goodwill regulations are not always possible.
We recommend that guests who have booked through an online platform, travel agencies or other third-party providers contact their booking provider for further help.
We are there to help you!
If you need further help to postpone or cancel your reservation, please get in touch with our reservation specialists by using these toll free telephone numbers.
We are there for you from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
Germany: +49 800 2125888
Austria: +43 800 295194
Switzerland: +41 800 552344
For all other countries, please check for your corresponding reservation office:
Should you have any questions about business trips, conferences or group trips, please contact us.
We are more than happy to help you from Monday to Friday.
The Best Western Conference Desk:
Telephone: +49 6196 4724-280
Fax: +49 6196 4724-60
The Best Western Group Travel Service:
Telephone: +49 6196 4724-350
Fax: +49 6196 4724-60
The Best Western Corporate Service:
Telephone: +49 6196 4724-260
Fax: +49 6196 4724-60
Information for Best Western Rewards® Members
If you are a Best Western Rewards® program elite status member, we will protect your current status through January 31, 2022 without the need to fulfill the necessary annual stay qualifications. We understand your travels may have been interrupted by COVID-19 through no fault of yours. You are our loyal customer and we appreciate your business.
Your health and well-being are our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust that you place in us when you choose to stay at a Best Western.
Updated March 19, 2020
We will continue to update this page with the latest information